COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Friday, September 11, 2009

Firs light for the new season

M27, Planetary nebula, was my first target for this new season.
After a long mandatory pause, I feel like a novice.
My location is not good for this object, since it stays under 40 degrees from horizont.
-
At last season I shot lots of shor focal lenght images.
this time I like to shoot some smaller targets with longer FL.
I have a wonderfull device from Strarlight Express, SXV-AO, active optics unit.
It makes my LX200 GPS 12" Meade work like a 20.000€ mount!
Guiding error was between 0.1 -0.2 pixels all the time at Focal lenght 1500mm and frequency 13Hz.
-
Unfortunatetly I was able to soot only 2,5 h of lights doe the clouds.
I'll shoot more H-alpha and other channels later.
-

Outer shell can be seen even now.

A close up

-

Details;

-Camera, QHY9

- Optics, Meade LX200 GPS 12" @ f4.65

- Guiding, Lodestar and SXV-AO @ 13Hz

- Exposures, 4x1200s with 7nm H-alpha filter and 7x600 Binned 2x2 . - image scale is 0.8 arcsecond/pixel

No comments: